Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Prepper's Pocket Guide: 101 Easy Things You Can Do to Ready Your Home for a Disaster

Bernie over at http://apartmentprepper.com/ has written a book called The Prepper's Pocket Guide: 101 Easy Things You Can Do to Ready Your Home for a Disaster.  It's available on Amazon.com.  Bernie has been kind enough to send me a copy (although I haven't received it yet, she said it's coming).  My plan for this book is to go topic by topic to cover all 101 items she's listed.  We are going to see how much we already do and perhaps get some tips for what we may need to work on. 

Now I know that this book is a "starter" for people new to prepping and I don't expect that I will learn a lot from it.  What I am expecting is to find a lot of sensible information in it that is written in a way to attract people who have heard of preparing but don't really know what it means, other than as Bernie put it, "Myth 5: preparing will turn me into one of those crackpots living in a cabin in the woods, dressed in military gear and threatening people with explosives...like "Unabomer" Ted Kaczynski." (whose last victim, Gil Murry, was a friend of mine)  What I'm hoping is this book will be this years gift that I give to my family and friends when holidays roll around. 

I'm looking forward to receiving the book and if you have a spare ten dollars, buy one for yourself or a family member.

2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    II just released a book on Amazon-
    "Urban Preppers with Kids, Pets & Parents"

    http://www.amazon.com/Preppers-Parents-Disaster-Survival-ebook/dp/B00939RJN0/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1349954138&sr=1-1&keywords=urban+preppers

    If you do book reviews, I can send you a PDF
    copy,

    Best Regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello James, I would love to review the book. I'll post the review both on Amazon and here on my blog. Send me your email address as a reply. I won't post it but will contact you back.

    ReplyDelete