Friday, January 14, 2011

Two boxes of ammunition!

I went to Big 5 sporting goods today and they had two boxes of the ammunition I was looking for.  I bought both.  They had signs posted all over that starting on Feb. 1 fingerprints are going to be needed when you purchase ammunition.  For my CCW class on Tuesday I'm required to bring ear and eye protection. I also bought earmuffs since I hate using the little spongy plugs you stuff into your ears.  I haven't spent much money so far this year.  I can't think of a better use than for the CCW.

I will learn the rules about what is defense of yourself and your family.  After all, that's the reason I'm getting the CCW permit.  I got lectured by a friend of mine that I'd better watch out who I shoot once I get the permit.  I'm not planning on shooting anyone but then again, the sheriff doesn't plan on shooting anyone either.  I guess the only ones who plan on shooting anyone are the bad guys.  The others do so because they are forced into it.  If I am forced, I will.  As with anything else, I will practice on the range and in the backyard. 

This instructor usually teaches group classes on weekends or evenings.  I asked for a class during the weekday.  After all, I have a flexible work schedule at times and I'd rather have my evenings and weekends at home with the family.  Tuesday morning we will be at the range.  I'm very excited.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment