Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

It's the first time I've been on the computer since I came down here to San Diego.  While I love spending time with my sister (yes I did have to work here for a day before I got to play) I absolutely HATE San Diego.  It's not just here, it's anywhere with people as far as the eye can see. 

My truck is filled with gas, including the extra cans, and I'm raring to hit the road tomorrow.  Some of our conversations were on the future and What If scenarios.  My brother-in-law said that his ideal would be to get some place in a foreign country and "live like a king".  Nice dream.  Get back into reality.  They figured that they'd stick it out where they are.  They wouldn't last long.  Brother-in-law has several weapons...no ammunition.  Doesn't need it because there's not anywhere to shoot here anyway. 

New Year's Resolutions:
I've decided that my resolution is going to prepare better.  I do something every week to prepare, buy stuff, practice skills, and our entire lifestyle is becoming more self sufficient.  But I am not physically prepared.  I need to spend more time working out.  My main job is with a fire department and it was a very slow season.  Normally working out specifically to keep in shape isn't needed because I get so much exercise with work.  Not this year.  I am not anywhere near the shape I need to be in.  This doesn't mean running out to the gym.  More work around the yard, more taking hikes, even running from the front to the back of the property every once in a while.  Putting on the pack and heavy boots and getting some exercise has to happen. 

In a normal year, I would be able to go out into 100 degree weather with two sets of clothes on and a pack and hike ten or so miles up and down the mountain.  I think that would kill me after this mild season.  I hardly got off my rear.  All the preparation in the world isn't going to help if you don't have the ability to work hard and for a sustained period of time.  I still can out work just about everyone I know.  I'm not in bad shape, just not good enough shape.

What about you?  I know you are going to make a resolution or two about health, buying more stuff to store, getting more and better weapons.  Don't forget that if you aren't in shape you won't last through TEOTWAWKI.  Have a happy and healthy new year.

1 comment:

  1. For those who want to go to a foriegn country; you need to understand they don't like you. They don't like you because you are an American. They don't like you because they struggled just to live while you lived in the richest country in the world. They don't like you because of your religion/color/accent/arrogance/etc. They put up with you because you spend money and because even with the uncertain justice in their country it isn't worth the risk to kill/rob/maim you. But when TSHTF they will be free to treat you like what you are to them: an unwanted foriegner in THEIR country.

    ReplyDelete